Human reproductive technologies encompass therapies and procedures for conceiving and controlling pregnancy by artificial and semi-artificial means. The popularity of reproductive technology has increased tremendously in the last couple of years, especially in the treatment of infertility in men and women alike. Incidence of infertility among women grew significantly in the last decade owing to delay in conceiving the first child, alcohol abuse, smoking addiction, and use of contraceptive pill. This in turn has spurred the human reproductive technologies market globally.
In order to provide an in-depth analysis, the report segments the global reproductive technologies market on the basis of infertility drugs, procedures, and contraceptive technologies. Key geographic regions covered by the report are North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World.
The report provides an executive-level blueprint of the global human reproductive technologies market. The parameters shaping the present market dynamics are studied in detail, while refined growth forecasts are made based on information sourced through primary and secondary research. To present a 360-degree overview of the global reproductive technologies market, the report evaluates the growth drivers, threats, and potential growth opportunities impacting its development.
Overview of the human reproductive technologies market
The World Health Organization (WHO) reported in 2010 that almost 1.9% of the global female population between the age of 20 years and 44 years were unable to conceive their first child, while 10.9% of the women who had already given birth to a child faced problems conceiving the subsequent time. The globally increasing prevalence of infertility will propel the global human reproductive technologies market substantially.
Based on geography, the global human reproductive technologies market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). Among the key geographic segments, North America dominates the market, followed by Europe. High incidence of obesity, paradigm shift in lifestyle choices, and increasing age of conception are key factors driving the human reproductive technologies market in North America.
The report identifies Asia Pacific as the fastest growing market for human reproductive technologies. Rapidly increasing population and disposable income together with growing awareness about results achieved from reproductive technologies in Asia Pacific will give a remarkable boost to the human reproductive technologies market in the region. However, inadequacy of initiative to consult a specialist for infertility issues among a significant portion of the population in Asia Pacific will emerge as a major roadblock for the market in this region.
Nevertheless, increasing adoption of the Western lifestyle and growing prevalence of hypertension in the region will adversely affect the ability to conceive among women in Asia Pacific, which is expected to give the human reproductive technologies market in Asia Pacific an incredible impetus.
Companies mentioned in the research report
Prominent players profiled in the report include Boston Scientific Corporation, Bayer Healthcare AG, Ferring International Center S.A., Church & Dwight, Co. Inc., Merck KGaA, and Teva Pharmaceutical Industries, Ltd.
Human Reproductive Technologies Market by Infertility Drugs
- Gonal-f (recombinant follitropin alfa)
- Follistim AQ (follitropin beta)
- AndroGel (testosterone)
- Testim (testosterone)
- Viagra (sildenafil citrate)
- Cialis (tadalafil)
- Levitra/Staxyn (vardenafil)
Human Reproductive Technologies Market, by Infertility Procedures
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
- Zygote Intrafallopian Transfer (ZIFT)
- Gamete Intrafallopian Transfer (GIFT)
- Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
Human Reproductive Technologies Market, by Contraceptive Technologies
- Oral Contraceptive Pills
- Contraceptive Injectables
- Topical Contraceptives
- Male Contraceptive Devices (Male Condoms)
- Female Contraceptive Devices
Major geographies analyzed under this research report are:
- North America
- Rest of the World
This report gives you access to decisive data such as:
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for the coming years
Key highlights of this report
- Overview of key market forces propelling and restraining market growth
- Up-to-date analyses of market trends and technological improvements
- Pin-point analyses of market competition dynamics to offer you a competitive edge
- An analysis of strategies of major competitors
- An array of graphics and SWOT analysis of major industry segments
- Detailed analyses of industry trends
- A well-defined technological growth map with an impact-analysis
- Offers a clear understanding of the competitive landscape and key product segments