The saturation of the x-ray market and the presence of a mature installed base of x-ray systems has curbed the potential sales of new units across most developed markets, resulting in limited growth of the market. This has eventually forced healthcare facilities to up their game and invest in upgrading to more advanced systems such as 2D x-ray equipment.
2D x-ray equipment mainly finds application in interventional radiology and mammography and the market for the same can be segmented on the basis of type of product into:
The 2D x-ray equipment market has been studied in depth by WinterGreen Research, which states that the value of the global market stands to grow from US$5 billion in 2014 to US$16.9 billion by 2021. Predicting strong development of the 2D x-ray equipment market, competition among vendors in this space has increased, with a major focus on quality of equipment. Some of the prominent players operating in the global market are GE Healthcare, Siemens, Agfa HealthCare, Canon Inc., Philips Healthcare, FujiMedical Systems, Hitachi Medical, Onex Corporation, Varian Medical Systems, Hologic Corporation, China Resources, Toshiba Medical Systems, and Shimadzu Corporation.
Let us take a look at the various factors responsible for this growth.
· Innovation in design and equipment, resulting in improved software and new materials
· Rise in unhealthy and geriatric population leading to greater number of medical or surgical cases
· Growing popularity of and surging demand for minimally invasive surgeries
· 2D x-ray equipment allows for improved workflow and reduced wastage in the process of healthcare delivery
· Cost of 2D x-ray technology is lower than that of CT scans and MRI scans and the radiation dose is about one hundredth of that of the latter
· Rising demand from clinicians owing to enhanced precision of diagnostics
· Improved healthcare infrastructure in developing economies
· Support from governments in developing as well as developed economies
· Need to expand customer base in mature markets of developed countries
Browse the full Press Release of 2D X-Ray Equipment Market : http://www.mrrse.com/2d-x-ray-market
Given the increasing competition among major players in the global market, the number of advanced x-ray devices available for healthcare facilities today has soared. These include Ysio Max, MAXalign, Multix Fusion, and Luminos Agile by Siemens; Precision RXi Remote-controlled R&F System, FlashPad, Optima XR200amx, and Senographe Essential by GE Healthcare; Kalare, Surginix, and Clearscope by Toshiba; Carestream by Philips; and Console Advance, Light-weight Ceiling Suspension System, FDR D-Evo Suite, and CSI Scintillator by Fujifilm.