The International Diabetes Federation states that, in the current scenario, 387 million people across the globe are living with the condition of diabetes.
Moreover, till 2035, the number is expected to rise with an addition of more than 205 million people. Diabetes is becoming a serious condition globally and
needs constant care. If the blood glucose levels of patients are not kept in control, a diabetic complication can lead to severe kidney diseases. Damage
caused to the kidneys due to diabetes is known as diabetic nephropathy.
Browse the full Global Diabetic Nephropathy Market Report
According to a new research study released by Persistence Market Research (PMR), the global diabetic nephropathy market was valued at US$2262.2 million in
2014 and is anticipated to touch US$3145.9 million by the end of 2020, growing significantly at a 5.6% CAGR from 2014 to 2020.
The global diabetic nephropathy market has been classified according to disease-modifying therapies into:
· Endothelin-A Receptor Antagonist
· Connective Tissue Growth Factor Inhibitors
· Renin Inhibitors
· Calcium Channel Blockers
· Monocyte Chemoattractant Proteins Inhibitor
· Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme (ACE) Inhibitors
· Antioxidant Inflammation Modulator
· G-Protein Coupled Receptors
· Angiotensin Receptor Blockers
Hypertension being a commonly occurring consequence of diabetes and diabetic nephropathy, use of anti-hypertensive agents is mostly prescribed in the
treatment for diabetic nephropathy. ACE inhibitors reduce the degree of progression of this condition better than other hypertensive agents, due to which
this segment is anticipated to rise substantially in the coming years.
Browse the full Press Release of Diabetic Nephropathy Market
Growth Prospects of the Global Diabetic Nephropathy Market
· As per the World Health Organization, by the end of 2030, diabetes is anticipated to be the seventh leading reason of death globally. The rising
prevalence of diabetes has propelled the growth of the global diabetic nephropathy market.
· Diabetes is strongly associated with obesity; hence, the global diabetic nephropathy market is expected to grow with the tremendously rising number of
obese people worldwide.
· The use of combination therapy for treating diabetic nephropathy is gaining huge popularity and is anticipated to be the rising trend in the near future.
In terms of geography, North America held the top position in the global market for diabetic nephropathy, due to it having the most aware population
regarding diabetic nephropathy. Increased awareness about this condition can be attributed to government initiatives such as the National Kidney Disease
Education Program. However, the market in this region is expected to grow rapidly, owing to the increasing number of diabetic people in America. The
diabetic nephropathy market in Europe is also growing significantly, as the prevalence of diabetes in this region is also rising at a fast pace. The IDF
states that the amount expended on diabetes treatment in the Europe in 2010 was around US$105.5 billion and is expected to rise up to US$124.6 billion by
the end of 2030.
Furthermore, the highest growth potential is expected from the Asia Pacific diabetic nephropathy market. This region is experiencing a tremendous increase
in diabetic nephropathy in Japan and Southeast Asian countries and offers a huge opportunity for the players in the global diabetic nephropathy market.