The rising number of people having conditions such as presbyopia, myopia, astigmatism, and hyperopia have fuelled the market for eyewear. In addition, the increasing disposable income of consumers and high rate of renewal of lenses have further augmented the demand for eyewear. A number of product advancements in spectacles, spectacle frames, spectacle lenses, Plano sunglasses, and contact lenses with enhanced aesthetic appeal and quality have also impacted the eyewear market positively.
Browse the full Global Eyewear Market Report: http://www.mrrse.com/eyewear-market
Some of the new product advances within contact lenses have been elaborated as under:
- Customizable Electronic Contact Lenses: A number of companies are working on developing electronic contact lenses that will permit wearers to customize and adjust the optics in order to focus at far, intermediate, and near distances. This technology at present exists within other optical devices such as augmented reality displays and electronic focusing eyeglasses. These lenses will look like any other contact lenses but will comprise an electric field surrounded with a layer of liquid crystal material. Pre-set focus ranges will allow the wearer to control various viewing situations as per his/her need.
- Silicone Hydrogel Daily Disposable Contact Lens: A number of companies within the U.S. have launched a new silicone hydrogel material having only 4.4% silicon, essential for maintaining the moisture for the comfort of eyes. These lenses are soft and extremely oxygen-permeable, and have rounded edges and a smooth surface. These lenses block 85% of UVA as well as 96% of UVB rays and the lens power range starts from +6.00D to -10.00D.
- Multifocal Contacts: A number of companies, such as Johnson & Johnson, have launched daily disposable contact lenses having an aspheric center closely matching with the wearer’s pupil size for enhanced vision. It comes with 61 distance powers ranging from +6.00D to -9.00D. This lens’ black curve design helps in keeping the lens over the pupil. These lenses have a wetting agent embedded in them for comfort of the eye and they block approximately 82% of UVA and 97% of UVB rays.
- Eye Highlighting Lenses: These lenses have already been launched in Asia and are present in some eye care stores within the U.S., too. These disposable contact lenses are made for enhancing the eyes without changing the original color of the eye. An outer darker limbal ring is added by these lenses between the sclera and the iris, which adds highlights and depth to the iris. These lenses will be available in three styles, namely natural shimmer, natural sparkle, and natural shine. They will come in no-power version as well as in powers ranging from +1.00 D to -9.00 D.
- ‘Smart’ Contact Lenses: A number of companies are planning to license Google’s smart lens technology in order to make lenses having miniaturized electronics and embedded sensors for measuring glucose levels in the eyes’ tear fluid. These measurements will be wirelessly transmitted to a mobile device and will then be viewed by doctors. This technology can also be utilized for providing focusing capability in intraocular lenses. Apart from recreational or body marker monitoring use, these intraocular lenses can also be used in cataract surgeries.
Browse the full Press Release of Global Eyewear Market: http://www.mrrse.com/eyewear-industry
Hence, demographic trends point toward strong potential for the eyewear market in the coming years. Essilor Int., Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Carl Zeiss, Bausch & Lomb, Marchon Eyewear, CIBA Vision Inc., Hoya Corp., and Vision Express, among others, are the prime players operating in the market.