Dietary supplements enhance the nutritional value of a daily diet and provide key supplements such as vitamins, minerals, herbs, amino acids, concentrates,
extracts, and metabolites. Dietary supplements may be sold in a variety of forms including tablets, capsules, powders, soft gels, gel caps, and liquids.
The global market for dietary supplements has witnessed remarkable growth in recent years. According to a report published by Future Market Insights, the
worldwide market for dietary supplements was valued at US$61.84 billion in 2014 and is projected to rise to US$84.8 billion by 2020, registering a CAGR of
5.3% from 2015 to 2020.
Browse the full Global Dietary Supplements Market Report
This growth can be attributed to a multitude of factors:
· Rising awareness about health, nutrition, and wellbeing
· Rising significance, awareness, and adoption of preventive healthcare
· Rise in disposable income, especially in developing economies
Asia Pacific Dominates Global Dietary Supplements Market
The worldwide market for dietary supplements can be divided on the basis of geography into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World. Asia
Pacific has been identified as the strongest regional segment and is estimated to hold 44% of the global dietary supplements market by 2020. Here are a few
factors governing the regional markets:
Asia Pacific – Driving Forces
· Improving living standards and rising consumer sophistication
· Rising health awareness and demand for dietary supplements to improve immune systems and overall health
· Lack of time and proper nourishment in developing economies
North America – Inhibitors
· Growing demand for fortified foods and naturally healthy food
· Increasing scientific studies questioning the need for dietary supplements
· Rising competition from outside the dietary supplements market
· Saturation of categories such as fish oil and bottled nutritive drinks
Browse the full Press Release of Dietary Supplements Market
Strong Competition Fueling the Dietary Supplements Market
The notable players operating within the global dietary supplements market include Bayer Healthcare LLC, Omega Protein, Pro Health, Danone, Abbott
Nutrition, Atrium Innovations, General Nutrition Companies, Enzymotec USA, Nature’s Bounty, Inc., Novartis AG, BASF Corporation, Advocare International,
Lonza, Inc., The vitamin Shoppe, Herbalife Ltd, Amway, Glanbia Plc, Chemi Nutra, Biosyntrx, Inc., A1 Supplements, NOW Foods, NBTY Inc, and HORN
These players have been resorting to various tactics in order to retain and expand their customer base. Joining hands with international brands is one of
the ways to ensure there is a continuous flow of raw materials and manufacturing.
The strengthening competitive landscape of the dietary supplements market is a sign of the growth this market has already achieved and with rising interest
from consumers as well as marketers, the dietary supplements market is sure to maintain its impressive performance over the years to come.