Aqua feed refers to industrially manufactured foods administered to various aquatic species. Commonly given in the form of pellets, aqua feed contains several important nutrients and ingredients. A report by Transparency Market Research studies the workings of the global aqua feed market and reveals that during the period of 2013 to 2019, this market will grow at a healthy CAGR of 11.4%, rising from a value of US$57.7 bn in 2012 to US$122.6 bn by 2019.
Browse the full Global Aqua Feed Market Report: http://www.mrrse.com/aqua-feed-market
Discussed below are some of the major trends impacting the global aqua feed market.
- The economic and environmental efficiency presented by aquaculture production will encourage developing countries to increase focus on aqua feed rather than traditional poultry and livestock species
- Aquaculture has the ability to produce larger quantities of protein-rich food at a lower cost compared to fowl, ruminants, or swine. In addition, aquatic organisms convert primary foods much better than conventional animal husbandry. This allows aquaculture to render a significant contribution to improving nutrition around the world
- The aqua feed market is essentially demand-driven and its growth in recent years can be attributed to the escalating demand for food from the burgeoning global population. The consumption of meat and fish has also increased, fueling the market for aqua feed
- There has been a major emphasis on food safety and quality in recent years, especially after the numerous food scandals in China. The need for better aquatic animal health management stems from surging consumer concerns and media attention. This has had a positive impact on the development of the aqua feed market
- The emphasis on improving control systems, cold chains, and storage facilities is aimed at ensuring product safety and quality of the highest possible standard. This is estimated to boost the aqua feed market over the next few years
- Ecological aquaculture and organic aquaculture are two emerging avenues that possess strong potential for growth. Rising investments, especially in these areas, are bound to propel the aqua feed market in the future
- Carp, the most common application of aqua feed, has been witnessing increased demand from fish and rice farming, given that they are low in fat, high in protein, and rich in omega-3 fatty acids
- Technological advancement in the overall aquaculture industry, particularly in farming and cultivation techniques, has also greatly contributed toward the growth of the aqua feed market
- The widespread occurrence of diseases in the aquaculture market, coupled with the use of plant-based protein sources that raise the level of mycotoxin exposure in aquatic animals is a major challenge faced by the aqua feed market
- The high cost of feed ingredients has also adversely impacted the aquaculture and aqua feed market
Browse the full Press Release of Global Aqua Feed Market: http://www.mrrse.com/aqua-feed-industry
The most prominent players operating in the global aqua feed market include Charoen Pokphand Foods Public Company Limited, Cermaq ASA, Avanti Feeds Ltd., Beneo GmbH, Nutriad, Aller Aqua A/S, BioMar A/S, Cargill Incorporated, NK Ingredients Pte Ltd., Ridley Corporation, Nutreco N.V., Alltech Inc., Tongwei, Norel Animal Nutrition, and Dibaq Aquaculture.